- VL Formal Modeling (SS 2021)
326.006, Wednesday, 15:30-17:00, Start: March 10, 2021
We discuss the formal modeling of mathematical problems that are amenable to algorithms and software from symbolic computation; the models are based on the language of algebra and logic. In this lecture, we discuss particular examples from various application domains. In the accompanying proseminar students are expected to model selected problems and demonstrate their results in the form of small papers and presentations.
The course will take place (completely or partially) in digital form via Zoom Meetings (respectively video recordings), see the link below.
Meeting-ID: 959 2298 2482 Password: ..modeling
- March 10:
- Introduction to course topics.
- March 17, March 24, May 12, May 19:
- Wolfgang Schreiner: Logical Models of Problems and Computations
- April 14, April 21, May 26, June 2 (16:30-18:00):
- Carsten Schneider: Symbolic Summation and the Modeling of Sequences
- April 28, May 5, June 9, June 16
- Wolfgang Windsteiger: Modeling Problems in Geometry and Discrete Mathematics
Students have to submit 3 positive home assignments to pass the course (if an assignment fails, after the course a substitute is handed out)
- March 10: