- PS Formal Modeling (SS 2021)
326.007, Wednesday, 17:15-18:45, Start: March 10, 2021
We discuss the formal modeling of mathematical problems that are amenable to algorithms and software from symbolic computation; the models are based on the language of algebra and logic. In the accompanying lecture we discuss examples from various application domains. In this proseminar students are expected to model selected problems and demonstrate their results in the form of small papers and presentations.
The seminar will take place (completely or partially) in digital form via Zoom Meetings, see the link below.
Meeting-ID: 959 2298 2482 Password: ..modeling
Every student chooses a formal modeling topic that (s)he elaborates. Grading is based on a short paper and a presentation. It is also possible to choose a topic and elaborate it as a bachelor thesis. In addition we will discuss the practice of mathematical research.
- March 10:
- Presentation of proseminar topics.
- March 17:
- Wolfgang Schreiner: How (not) to use LaTeX.
- March 24:
- Carsten Schneider: How to write a mathematical paper.
- April 28:
- Wolfgang Windsteiger: How to give a mathematical talk.
- March - June:
- Individual meetings.
- June 16 (if necessary, also additional dates):
- March 10: