- PS Formal Modeling (SS 2020)
326.007, Wednesday, 17:15-18:45, S2 046, Start: March 4, 2020
We discuss the formal modeling of mathematical problems that are amenable to algorithms and software from symbolic computation; the models are based on the language of algebra and logic. In the accompanying lecture we discuss examples from various application domains. in this proseminar students are expected to model selected problems and demonstrate their results in the form of small papers and presentations.
Every student chooses a formal modeling topic that (s)he elaborates. Grading is based on a short paper and a presentation. It is also possible to choose a topic and elaborate it as a bachelor thesis. In addition we will discuss the practice of mathematical research.
- March 4:
- Presentation of proseminar topics.
- March 11:
- Wolfgang Schreiner: How (not) to use LaTeX.
- March 18:
- Josef Schicho: How to write a mathematical paper.
- March 25:
- Wolfgang Windsteiger: How to give a mathematical talk.
- March - June:
- Individual meetings.
- June 10 (if necessary, also additional dates):
- March 4:
- How (Not) to Use LaTeX
- How to Write a Mathematical Paper
- How to Give a Mathematical Talk